ICYMI: StartOut October Happenings
StartOut had a boo-tiful October full of new programming and the biggest event of the year, StartOut’s Annual Gala Awards. See what StartOut members have been brewing below as well!
StartOut Announces Global LGBTQ Entrepreneur Network
- San Francisco’s Business Journal announces StartOut’s Global LGBTQ Entrepreneur Network.
- Release: StartOut Launches Global LGBTQ Entrepreneur Network, Powered by Citi Ventures.
6th Annual StartOut Awards
Thank you to all who attended and supported the biggest event to date for #LGBTQ #Entrepreneurs!
You can find additional photos from the fabulous evening here…
StartOut in the news
- StartOut Board Chair Dr. Vivienne Ming was named the fifth leading LGBTQ+ executive globally. Several other members of our community also made the list.
- Vivienne was also featured in Salesforce’s Blog on the topic of AI.
- The Mercury News visited the StartOut Growth Lab
- The Financial Times quoted StartOut’s ED Andres Wydler in “Silicon Valley upgrades culture for LGBT tech workers”. He made the case for StartOut and our mission of empowering LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs.
“There is no country club for LGBT entrepreneurs,” said Andres Wydler, executive director of StartOut, which has 15,000 members, provides online services and runs a tech start-up accelerator. He adds: “Access depends on human interaction . . . with people that have some commonalities, that people feel comfortable with. That is where the biggest challenge lies: because the majority of white, straight males do want to do the right thing.”
— Andres Wydler, StartOut Executive Director
StartOut Member News & Stories
- StartOut members at Cuties Coffee in Los Angeles were featured in Advocate Magazine as well as LA Weekly.
- StartOut Member & EarnUp CEO calls Freddie Mac deal ‘transformational’ for his S.F. fintech
- StartOut NY Board member called out as “11 Companies That Are Going To Revolutionize 2018” by The Huffington Post
- Our friends and recent awardees at Backstage Capital continue to grow.
- StartOut Members at Citus Health announce collaboration with National Home Infusion Association (NHIA) on Digital Solutions to Enhance Patient Care.
- StartOut Members at RIGit have their app reviewed by InStyle Magazine.